With regard to labor relations issues, how do we measure our success? By our ability:
- To prevent unions from successfully organizing employees; and
- To give employers the flexibility to continue operating their businesses successfully throughout any type of union activity.
We know the unions, we know the issues and we know how to resolve them, both legally and practically.
Our first approach is always union avoidance. We learn as much as possible about an employer, if retained, so we can better anticipate legal issues before they surface. We recommend prevention practices through preventive labor relations audits, supervisory training, review of employee manuals, and general labor relations consultation.
We have an exceptional ability to construct strategies unique to each client—strategies that result in successfully resisting union efforts to organize employees. We work in close collaboration with our clients, getting to know their business, their employees and their issues.
We are with our clients every step of the way in a union campaign, beginning with initial communications, until the votes are counted. If our client is a multi-shift operation, we are there for every shift, any day of the week. After the votes are counted, we provide advice on how to remain union free after a successful campaign.
We have represented hundreds of employers before the National Labor Relations Board, in federal and state court proceedings, grievance arbitrations and collective bargaining negotiations. We have provided practical and legal advice during strike preparations, work stoppages and injunction proceedings. We have provided advice and representations on hundreds of matters relating to plant openings, mergers, sales and closings.
Siegel O'Connor handles the following labor relations issues:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Collective Bargaining Negotiations
- Federal and State Court Litigation
- General Labor Relations Consultations
- Grievance arbitrations
- Independent Contractor Issues
- Interest arbitrations
- Injunction Proceedings
- NLRB Representation and Unfair Labor Practice Hearings
- Plant Closings, Relocations, Sales and Mergers
- State Board of Labor Relations
- Strike Preparations & Consultation
- Supervisory Training
- Preventive Labor Relations Audits
- Teacher Prohibited Practice Proceedings
- Union Avoidance
For more information, please contact the Firm’s Managing Partner, Edward “Bud” F. O’Donnell, Jr. at (860) 727-8900.